The purpose of dips vs triceps pushdown exercise is to enhance fitness and well-being, as well as to maintain physical fitness. It keeps you active, healthy and contains the risks of diseases. A healthy person is a unit of a healthy society. Exercise has rescued obese individuals from a sedentary lifestyle, saved men and women from cardiovascular disease by best attachment for tricep pushdown.
The proper form triceps pushdown is;
- To face the triceps pushdown cable machine and grasp the horizontal car or rope attachment
- Use the pin to attach the weight set lighter if you are a beginner
- Lock your elbows along with body position your feet slightly apart
- Inhale your breath and push your elbows down until your elbows are fully extended,
- keep your elbows in the locked position
- Bend your knees slightly on the pushdown.
- Resist bending forward; keep your back straight
What can I do instead of tricep pushdown
By exhaling your breath, return to the starting point using the control movement. If you are a beginner, target to complete 4 sets of 8 reps.
If you are doing exercises following the correct procedure, it’s helpful, but if you are doing your exercise accordingly, it hurts you, can be dangerous, may give you harm. To avoid these, you must adopt the correct way.
The homemade triceps pushdown exercise is a strength gaining exercise used for strengthening triceps muscles in the back of the arm. The inverted triceps pushdown works all three heads of the triceps.
The three-headed muscles of the arm, the lateral, medial, and long head of the triceps, are involved in the increased triceps pushdown exercise. Make your own Triceps muscles make a massive two-third of your arms. If your goal is bigger arms, triceps exercise is a must. Proper Triceps pushdown exercises can be done in different ways and methods. Similarly, triceps pushdown has the following different types of triceps pushdown.
- Triceps push down.
- Band Triceps Push Down.
- Rope Triceps Push Down.
- V- Bar Triceps Push Down.
- Straight Bar Triceps Push Down.
- Reverse Grip Triceps Push Down.
Common mistakes during triceps pushdown
One has to keep in mind that if you not following proper patterns, it will cause harm to you, you may get hurt or injured. The following common mistakes are happening during triceps pushdown.
- Elbows flare out; don’t allow your elbows to flare out during the triceps pushdown; lock your elbows along your body.
- Ensure that you are pushing down the weight smoothly and evenly with both arms putting the same pressure.
- You don’t need to use your back all the time, don’t bend over your back and shoulder while forcing the weight downward.
- These mistakes can produce stress in your shoulders and back.
- Many athletes try to curl their wrists at the end of each pushdown, assuming that they had done a complete rep. If you are curling your wrists, it removes stress from your triceps and puts unwanted stress on your wrists.
Best attachment for Triceps Pushdown
During the triceps pushdown substitute, many attachments are available at a gym, but the most prominent and basic attachment for triceps pushdown is straight bar attachment; it’s basic and easy. It’s very convenient for overhead and underhand grips. That means you can use both lateral and medial heads of the triceps.
Triceps Pushdown Extension
When you are pushing, pulling, or straightening your arms, your triceps muscles are working. These muscles are located at the back of your arms; if your target is bigger, arms triceps extensions are a must. The triceps pushdown jeff nippard extension is an isolation workout that exactly targets your triceps muscles. If you are a beginner, start with the overhead correct triceps pushdown form extension; after this first step, do the rest triceps pushdown Jessie extensions like a skull crusher. It sounds scary, but it’s not.
Triceps Extension Variations
- Overhead triceps pushdown joint action concentric phase extension
- Skull Crusher triceps Extension
- Triceps kickback triceps Extension
In dips, you primarily train the triceps and perform them at shoulder width. The anterior deltoid, pectoralis, and rhomboids of the back serve as synergists.
Training the wide arm muscle group increases the focus on the pectorals, similarly regarding the way wide grip bench press would focus more on the pectoral and less on the triceps.
To perform a dip, the athlete supports themselves on a dip bar with their arms straight down and shoulders over their hands, then lower the body until their arms are bent to a 90-degree angle at their elbows, and then lift their body returning to the starting position.
Alternatives of Triceps Pushdown
If you don’t triceps push down cable machine, don’t worry; you can choose alternatives or replacement of dips vs triceps pushdown (e-g)
- Skull crusher.
- Close Grip Bench Press.
- Over Head Triceps Extension
It’s not that dangerous as it is from its name, lying triceps extension, also known as French extension.
- Place your feet flat on the ground with your head hanging off of the bench just a hair,
- Hold the barbell above the head with an overhand grip so that the arms are supporting the weight. Hold your arms over your head at 10 o’clock, not 12 o’clock.
- Bring the bar down close to the top of the forehead while bending the arms at the elbows
- Do not let your elbows sway outward; maintain them in the same position.
Close Grip Bench Press
Lie on the bench with your feet flat, grip the barbell with your hands around shoulder-width apart. They can be slightly closer than that, but don’t move them too close together, or the set-up will become unstable, and you will risk an injury to your wrists.
Over Head Triceps Extension
An overhead triceps extension, also known as dumbbell triceps extension. It is an isolation exercise that targets your triceps muscles. The dumbbells should be raised over your head. You should keep your upper arms still and hinge your elbow when raising the dumbbell overhead.
Jeff Nippard Triceps Pushdown
An international bodybuilder, Jeff Nippard gained fame via his YouTube videos. Many people were influenced by Jeff’s videos. This chest, shoulders, and triceps routine is done by Jeff Nippard by performing nine different exercises.
- Barbell bench press ( 4 sets,6 reps.)
- Cable Incline Fly (3 sets, 15 reps.)
- Barbell standing military press (4 sets,15 reps.)
- Cable lateral raise (4sets, 15 reps.)
- Cable triceps push down(4sets, 15 reps.)
- Cable one arm standing overhead tricep extension (4seta,15 reps.)
- Static dumbbell holds (2 sets 60 seconds)
- Cable rope face pull (3 sets, 20reps.)
- Knee hip raise on parallel bars (3sets,10 reps.)